3 Home Improvement Ideas For Spring In Philadelphia, PA
Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, springtime inspires you to open your windows and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Philadelphia so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is one of the best times to ensure all of your home’s systems are running properly for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Philadelphia should inspect these things each spring:
- HVAC System. Run a test on your air conditioning system to make sure it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by replacing your air conditioning and furnace filters. Many HVAC companies provide this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Keep your family safe by testing your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms. Put fresh batteries in your alarms every spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around doors and windows as well as kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking as needed. Put in window treatments, like plantation shutters, to enhance your window’s energy efficiency. Open your windows to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
The best way to make your house shine is with a deep clean. Start by decluttering each room to open up your home. Then clean areas you don’t scrub regularly such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Wipe your fixtures until they shine. Move your furniture to clean under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Wash your screens and windows to remove dirt and smudges. Clean any shutters, draperies, or other window treatments. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’re done with deep cleaning, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your rooms is to find new ways to use things you already have. You can give your room a whole new feel by rearranging the furniture. You can also shop your home. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you own between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with colorful accessories, new paint, and plants.
If you want to completely redo a room’s design, then look through our idea gallery for inspiration. It’s packed with photos of beautiful rooms and window treatments for any space in your house. Once you’ve picked a color scheme and style you want, you can add coordinating accessories, paint colors, and furniture.
Window treatments are a simple thing to update that complements your current décor and brightens your home. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you are looking for more ideas for your home, explore our design tips. And if you find a look and window treatment that you want, call us at 215-874-4897 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our professionals will help you choose the right window treatment to give your room a beautiful new look this spring.